Tuesday, January 27, 2009

A House, a Home?



My mom and I have moved into a new house in the city I was trying to escape even a couple months ago. It was not an easy decision to remain in Michigan when I really wanted to move to another state entirely; I still want to. But as I said in previous posts, this move is not for me. This move, this house, this moment in time is for my niece and her sisters. It is for my family. As most things in my life are...this is for someone else.

The house is a little oasis, and I thank God for how we found it. It has been a tight season financially; acquiring the lease, paying the appropriate people, and securing help to transfer our belongings to the house has been a challenge. But every time I want to cry about the money that has evaporated from my income or the desires I had to do my own thing having to take a back seat to other more pressing issues, I think about my family and how I am truly sowing seeds toward my own marriage and kids one day.

I am already planning for dinner parties and ladies' nights at our house with my friends. I look forward to meals shared and guests visiting. I am excited about celebrating birthdays and my niece having friends over for the weekend. The house is so much bigger than the other places we have lived together and separately. And the truth is I fell in love with it at first sight because I knew it would be the right place to care for my family and friends. It would be the right place for us...for now...

No comments: