Thursday, December 18, 2008

My First Babies Are Growing Up


I blog alot about my friends babies and put pics up of the adorable bundles of joy quite often. But many moons ago, there were four other babies that had my heart all wrapped up in their little fists.

I have four nieces and nephews (and a great nephew) that have always been the lights of my life. They were my babies then and they still are now - although they are approaching adulthood pretty quickly.

The youngest one turned 12 yesterday, and my heart skipped a beat. They are all pretty much teenagers and are no longer the little children they once were, growing up so fast. Two are in high school and the last two are in middle school, beginning to expand in the knowledge of good and evil (just kidding).

They have already seen a lot and experienced a lot in their lives. Sometimes I worry about them more than I probably should but as I always say I want them to make it to adulthood (out of high school) in one piece (in one peace). It is difficult to watch them suffer because of parent issues and family turmoil, but I know it is all for their making. They will be great adults if they overcome the issues life will throw at them.

More than anything, I want to be a good aunt to them, even as they become adults. I want them to know that I care very deeply about their futures. I pray that they will be the people I know they can be, that they already are.

No comments: