Friday, September 12, 2008

Josiah's Eyes Again


My friend Tashara emailed me again with more pictures of little Josiah, who is now five months and absolutely gorgeous. I once again went "ga-ga" over how beautiful he is and the expression in his eyes. I saw all his expressions on the pictures and realized thatI couldn't let another five months go without meeting this little prince. I will be heading to Chicago in November and hope to meet him then, hope to look into his eyes and see his vibrant and jubilant spirit, and hope to hug my friend again.

I haven't seen her since July of last year, and I miss her. So many changes have taken place in both our lives: she has made some life-changing and life-affirming decisions and so have I. There is so much I want to share with her, and she also wants to share some joys with me - one of which is her baby boy. I will certainly thank God for the gift of meeting him. His eyes have enraptured me since the first time I saw him, and I have no doubt that when I hold him in November, he will continue invading my heart with his smile and his laughter and his sweet baby ways.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Mya that is so sweet. Thank you for the wonderful words. I am so blessed and feel such joy to know that Josiah has touched your life in such a way already. I love you.