Tuesday, January 15, 2013

SISTER LOVE

The CD I am listening to everyday now, on my way to work and everywhere else, is Israel and New Breed's  "Jesus at the Center", a compilation that cuts me to the quick and for me probably the one work of artistry and worship that this group has done in recent years that has the ability to speak for me.  I sing at the top of my lungs at 6:30 in the morning on my way, in the dark, before life cuts me to the quick and reminds me why I have to sing in the first place.  Even as I am singing, I am seeing the faces of the children that have been ingrained on my heart and I know as I sing to Jesus, I am imprinted on His hands and heart as well.  I sing, knowing that I don't have to apologize for being passionate about this call, like His, that matters more than selfish ambition.

I sing and consider the people that matter most to my world.  I hope they will  be blessed every step of the way, each day.

Love overrides all and grace touches in ways that mere presence can't.

I listen to the CD and thank Jesus for grace and love and music - the ability to sing of it all at this time in my life when I never thought I would have it again.  How awesome to have it all and yet be required to pour it all out into the lives that God sends my way to impact.

So I listen today.  I listen to this song that has resonated in my soul every time it is sang by various artists (Bob Dylan, Israel and New Breed, Adele) - "To Make You Feel My Love."  And to me that is what it is all about - making people feel my love, tangible and strong and vibrant.  What is the point of love, of justice, of grace if people don't feel it?  It must be felt all the way to the bone and blood and tissues - deep calling to the deep in all of us.  That is the point of even being here at all.  We can't be lukewarm. We can't be mediocre.  We have to pour it all out.  And then God gives it all back again.  Every day.

That is what I am learning today as I listen to this CD.

So with that in mind, I am going to love the souls that God has brought my way in a tangible way so the whole world knows that these souls matter to God and me.  This is the direction I will go with this blog for now.  No more complaints.  No more pointless debates.  Only love.

I think of these two women, as I think of highlighting love in a tangible way here on  my blog, not as the only women that matter but as the ones that will start out the trend here and most especially because I thought of them this morning on my drive to work:

These are ones that have made a huge difference in the earth for me in the last 15 years.  When I think of what my life as an adult has meant, I cannot help but think of them.  They helped me become the woman I am today, have stayed prominent when I had no one else to care.  They have taught me what true sisterhood looks like.  They are love to me.  They are family to me and each other, these sisters.  The beauty they exemplify means more than they even realize, as the day to day living life seems to be so difficult at times.  I want them to always know that they will always be special to God and me.  They will always be graced.  Although their parents helped shape me as well, they have been just as important to my life.

As I said earlier, as I drove to work with "Jesus at the Center", I thought of them today.  I prayed for them today - for their families, relationships, careers, finances, homes, and futures.  I prayed for their children and their children's children.  That is what I need them to know whether they read this or not.  That they are tangibly loved and I worshiped God as I thought of them.  This is more important than anything else.

And so today, with much appreciation that they are here in my world, I love them.



2 comments:

Authentically Me said...

OMG, girl. I'm sitting hear at work crying. Thank you so much for the love. The road goes both ways sis. You've been the epitome of loyalty and true friendship. You've seen a lot when it came to my family. All the nakedness and you still covered us. So many people would not have given us that grace to simply be human and be a family without turning their backs on us. You've seen us go through love and tragedy and been there in the thick of it every step of the way. No doubt, you are the real deal. I know it's nothing but upward and outward for you, sis. Love you to life. Always~

cherise jackson said...

I am graciously honored to say that I am soooo happy and loved to know that you have been a part of my life. When I met the teenager she was some what lost in herself trying to figure who she was and who she would become as she aged. But I am so glad to say she is one of my greatest inspirations and shero's, she is ambitious and has accomplished for the most part her dreams. I love her fire and determination. She is my lil Sister my Mya! Love you until infinity...