Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Abbreviated Love Story: Heart Ponderings of the Year After

I decided to write a book the day our story ended. This man that changed my perspective and turned my world upside down, is now the main feature and a silent main character in my new book. I won't give much about the book away but I decided after much deliberation that I had to tell another story about the life I am living now and the impact his presence in my world made.

I have two amazing photographers that worked with me on this book and I have to say that this book would be just another written work that would leave the reader wondering what the characters looked like, felt like, etc. But God really impressed on me to utilize the visual representation through art and music how my life was transformed. The impact was felt in more than a verbal or literary way. The impact was felt in what I saw, what I listened to, and where I went. I wanted all of it documented. It is more than a book of essays.

It is a road map to a a journey we all at one point or another have to embark upon when faced with the loss of someone we love.

No comments: