Friday, March 29, 2013

Remembrance...of HIM (Yeshua)

I cried this morning on my way to work as I watched the sunrise from car windows giving me a glimpse of the world speeding toward full morning.  These are what tears of joy and gratefulness and remembrance look like, when I think of HIM, this Jesus that the world dares not to believe in.

I thought of all the ways I believe in HIM, and this is the day that I am more aware of HIS Presence, because of what HE did for me.  Who knew that I would need a Savior, that grace is the bread torn representing HIS BODY and the wine poured is HIS BLOOD shed.  The very thought that I could be in the car this morning, driving my safe life to an office building, hoping to make a difference in the lives of HIS babies, was amazing.  HE, who died, gave me life and I am living it and at the time of a sunrise on Good Friday, I am more grateful than I have ever been before.  I am grateful that I can see the sun one more day on this earth, but I am also grateful one day I will gave into HIS face for eternity.

HE will shine on me, and all the pain of this world will no longer matter.  I believe we will remember this journey to grace as a distant memory as love enshrouds us.

I have told others "Thank you" for a variety of gifts and hugs and moments that my life was made easier by something they had done for me.  But, saying "Thank You" to the GOD that created me, that has never once thought me insignificant and in fact, gave my life value when HE laid HIS SON (HIMSELF) down for me...it was almost too much to consider as the tears streamed down and my heart melted.  How can I not be in love with HIM when HE is so clearly in love with me?

HE doesn't care about all the times I lost faith.  HE restored it.

HE doesn't care about all the times I yelled and screamed and fought, acting far less like one of HIS and more like one of those that nailed HIM.  HE quieted me with HIS songs of love and deliverance.

HE doesn't care about the times I made mistake after mistake or just called them mistakes, when I knew good and well that I was doing my dirt on purpose.  HE told me to sin no more and then proceeded to show me how a little bit more everyday.

HE doesn't care that others hate me or mistreat me because HE doesn't measure how HE loves me against how others don't.  HE shows me how to treat them with love as they are because HE does the same for me - never giving up on that love to do the work that physical intervention never could.

HE never once asked those critical ones if loving me enough to die for me was worth it.  HE didn't need their opinion since the GOD that created me thought of me before anyone on this earth ever laid eyes on me.

HE never once judged me according to man's standards; instead, HE held a higher standard up to me and said "I came to give you life, life more abundantly."

So this morning, yes...I cried like a baby when I felt HIM nearer than ever.  I thanked HIM profusely as I considered even in my limited thinking and finite mind how miraculous it was that I even could form the word in my mouth.  HE made this mouth.  And I was so glad that this day ever happened, though it breaks my heart that it had to.  I am still so glad that HE did give up HIS life for me because I don't even think I could give up my life for me, more less anyone else.

This is Good Friday.  A Good God Day, as one of my foster mothers that care for the babies that need love told me once, a day of deep remembrance, the day I was on HIS mind thousands of years ago.  We have a GOOD GOD and if CHRIST hadn't died today, I wouldn't be alive to know it.

No comments: