Saturday, February 4, 2012

A LITTLE MORE OF THE JOURNEY SEEN

I have started a new position at my job and already I am loving it. I will be recruiting and teaching new potential foster parents how to minister to and love children in the child welfare system. For two years, I having worked as a foster care worker and got to know intimately what these children go through when they are taken from their parents. I have seen families reunified after the harsh realities that their lives need to change; I have seen children never return to their parents' homes because there was just no way the changes that needed to be made would ever be made. And now, I am working in a different aspect of the system, which was always my goal from day one. I never wanted to lose sight of the motivation to help heal families - not to primarily heal a system.

My job as a foster home licensing worker will serve to continue impacting lives which is the whole point of life, I think. Otherwise, why do anything? It is so easy to be selfish; I have been that and learned that I hate that feeling of self-worship. I want to be what I was born to be. I do feel more at peace with starting this part of my journey. Sometimes, you don't really know what you should do or where you are meant to go. I am beginning to have more faith in the process. I do feel that a little more of the map is being uncovered, a little more of my self-definition is coming to light (especially since I am not writing it).

I do not feel as lost in terms of what my purpose in life is.

That is so freeing...

No comments: