Friday, September 25, 2009

Art Portfolio: Picture #2


The title of this piece is "Playing With Mommy's Hair."

The baby in this picture loves touching her mother's hair, which amuses the mother to no end. The baby's surprised expression shows that not only is she experiencing a little heaven on earth as she feels the senation of her mother's hair in her little fist, but she is pleasantly surprised that someone caught her enjoying herself.

Perhaps one day she will grow up to have beautiful hair like her mommy. But until then she will explore, appreciating her mommy as only she can.

I am thinking that my portfolio will feature women and their glory. Hair is so important to us all - it crowns our queenly nature. So this portfolio will deal exclusively with what it means to be a woman, what we celebrate, the beauty God has given to all of us. We'll see the direction the portfolio will take us in later posts.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

i think that hair is extremely important to us as women, and when we grow into ourselves we learn how to work with and love our hair more. i know it took me 27 years to fall in love with the hair God grew on my head and now, you couldn't get me to change my hair if you paid me. it truly does represent so much about me.

i didn't get to see the first portfolio pic, but i'm hoping you do someone with locs :D i LOVE the 2nd picture.

aPw

formerly honeyindigo.blogspot.com

Myowne said...

Thank you for your response to this picture. I really appreciate the feedback. Thanks for the idea about doing someone with locs. My best friend has locs so I may in fact do a portrait of her...