Saturday, February 21, 2009

And On A Lighter Note


I just bought the new India.Arie CD and I have to say that I absolutely adore it. I enjoy listening to all the songs but I do have my favorites that I repeat as I am rolling in the Silver Bullet. #13 hit me right in the chest as I listened to it for the first time on my way to my hair appointment. I mean, the words just reached me right where I was emotionally and spiritually. I literally cried. It reminded me that no matter what happens in my life right now, God has my back and I don't have to act crazy or feel betrayed or disappointed. He's right here. That song was a great reminder. #16 is also a great affirmation to a broken, tired spirit.

This is definitely a top pick of mine, and I rarely buy CDs (because I can't afford them). But when I heard she had a new project I went right out and bought it because I can trust that she is going to put out some truly genuine and creative music.

I may even go so far as to say besides her first CD, this is probably my favorite of hers. It is worth a listen...

3 comments:

HisDaughter83 said...

I've never listened to any of her CDs before. I know. I know. I'm such a slacker!!

But you make me want to buy (well, lol, borrow) her CD!

Myowne said...

Do it!!!!! And listen to some of the others too. I don't think you are a slacker; you probably have CDs I haven't listened to either that I should.

Anonymous said...

I did download Long Goodbye. I may have to cop the entire album, though.