Friday, June 6, 2008

Josiah's Eyes


I received an email from a very good friend of mine today that included recent pictures of her son, Josiah. I fell in love with his eyes. I fell in love with the purity and innocence. I feel in love with his beauty and knew immediately that I had experienced another element of God's grace when I looked into her baby's face. I knew that I had found what I needed to see today - today when I feel lonely and sad and alone. I looked at her son and knew that one day we would both have families and our sons would play together. Her Josiah Rashad would love playing with my Harrison William. They would be the best of friends...one day. I would be able to send her updated pictures of Harrison and she would ooh and ahh over his eyes...one day. She would give me advice about breastfeeding and songs at three a.m. and the best diapers to use. She would tell me about the beautiful way babies learn about the world they were born to impact.

I realized all of this the day I looked into Josiah's eyes.

No comments: