Monday, August 23, 2010

Preparing for September

Thanks FullComplexity for the comment. You made me realize that I need to keep up on what used to be really important to me.

I have taken way too much time away from my writing on here (again). Life is happening way too fast for me to keep up, quite honestly. At the same time, I know that I cannot escape from who I am as a writer, artist, lover of books, lover of art.

The long and short of my life right now is that I am working hard at my job, building rapport with my families, loving the kids that have such difficult beginnings, and being better at what I believe God has called me to do. I struggle at times with having enough time in the day to be a SuperHero. But at the end of the day, I celebrate the fact that I am still me and I don't have to be a SuperHero. I can just be Myama Myowne and that is enough, for now.

In a month's time, other things have changed.

The guy I met disappeared back into the crazy world where I found him (or to be more exact, where I bumped into him). He wasn't the simple man I thought I wanted. He was way more complex than I realized, more layered than I care to deal with right now, more of a mystery than I desired to figure out. And the truth is the older I get, the less I like complex. Complex in his sense of being was annoying and wierd and not at all what I need. So he has melted back into anonymity. And to be honest, it is better that way.

My book sales for all intents and purposes are at a standstill, though I could be wrong. Haven't got the first royalty statements from Amazon.com yet. I haven't had any engagements yet and I haven't had a chance to do much marketing but I am hoping that I will be able to do more in another month or so. I am proud of the book, but I realize that I am not a marketing agent and am struggling with getting the book in the right hands.

Any ideas???

For now I am back...ready to jump full-fledged into Myowneworld. And life is still crazy. My prayer is that I will gain the necessary balance to be a part of it, fully there. Starting in September, I am hoping to post more interesting tidbits from my hectic life at least twice a week. I feel better already...

No comments: